Join this public hearing
About this application
See the agenda on our Legistar site. In addition to a hard-copy binder containing the rezoning application and related reports, the same information is made available electronically:
- Design Review Committee Report August 11 2021
- Design Review Committee Minutes
- Advisory Planning Commission Report July 20 2021
- Advisory Planning Commission Minutes
- Council Report September 27, 2021
- Council Report December 6 2021
- Arborist Report
- Applicant's January 23, 2022 Letter
- Applicant's February 14, 2022 Letter
Other Plans and Documents
- Architectural Drawings
- Revised Landscape Plan
- Fleming Street Turn-Around Design
- Fleming Street Turn-Around and Servicing Plan
- Notice Of Proposed Official Community Plan Amendment
- Notice of Neighbourhood Open House
- Notice of Electronic Public Hearing
- Newspaper Notice February 24, 2022
Want to know how to stay informed or be involved?
Watch council meetings online
Did you know most council meetings are live-streamed? View live streams, recorded meetings, agendas and minutes on our Legistar site.
Archived meetings videos are generally made available by noon the day after the meeting. You can also see our meeting resolution summary to read council decisions and voting history.
How to use our Legistar site:
- A Legistar page opens in a calendar layout (note that the calendar tab is one of six navigation tabs across the top of the page.)
- On the search line, select the time range dropdown list to select a time period in which meetings are held. For instance this year, this month, this week, etc.
- Find the date of the meeting you are interested in and click on the agenda link to see the meeting agenda in pdf format.
- Click on the meeting details link for access to staff reports and presentations that will be on the agenda. These reports are in html text format.
Attend council meetings and public hearings
Council meetings are open to public attendance. Public hearings are electronic only and the public can make comments via telephone. Please note that meetings and hearings can be viewed by our live stream webcast.
Public hearings allow affected citizens to provide their views to their elected representatives when decisions relate to adoption of official community plan bylaws; zoning bylaws and select other instances. More about public hearings.
Input at public hearings
Please email [email protected] or call 250-414-7135 for details prior to 4:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting to participate over the phone. As usual, you may email feedback for council's consideration at any time.
Alternate options available to submit public hearing input to Council
Send an email to [email protected] before 12 p.m. (noon) on the day of the public hearing.
- By standard mail: c/o Corporate Officer, Administration office, 1229 Esquimalt Road, Esquimalt, BC V9A 3P1 (must be received before 12 p.m. (noon) on the day of the public hearing.
- Drop off written correspondence in the drop box at the front entrance of the Esquimalt Municipal Hall before 12 p.m. (noon) on the day of the public hearing.
- To provide comments to Council electronically via telephone during a public hearing, phone the Corporate Officer at 250-414-7135 before 4:30 p.m. on the day of the public hearing to get your name put on a speakers list. You will be called back during the public hearing and will be speaking live to council.
- If you are watching the public hearing online and want to respond to something you hear, text or leave a voicemail on 250-883-6426. Your name and phone number will be taken and you will be added to the speakers list. You will receive a phone call when it is your turn to speak to council.
Council meetings are open to the public unless council passes a resolution to go In Camera to deal with issues of a confidential nature, usually related to finances, personnel, property or legal matters. You can also view council meetings online, and download agendas and minutes on our Legistar site.