The Esquimalt Emergency Program includes municipal staff members, protection services (police, fire, and ambulance), and volunteers.
- Evacuation Order: You are at risk. Leave the area immediately.
- Evacuation Alert: Be ready to leave on short notice. If you leave before or during this alert, it’s called a voluntary evacuation.
- More info at EmergencyInfoBC
The Emergency Program is responsible for:
- Emergency planning
- Training, resourcing and activating the municipal Emergency Operations Centre and liaising with provincial emergency management organizations
- Training volunteers to provide assistance with:
- Public education
The Emergency Program also provides resources: