Esquimalt’s Animal Management Bylaw, 2015, No. 2841, regulates the keeping of animals, including:
Dogs (control of dogs, dogs in parks, licensing, dangerous dogs)
Rabbits and rodents
Community events, parades, pet shows, and circuses
- Download Esquimalt’s Animal Bylaw.
- Learn about deer management
All dogs over the age of four months must be licensed. Dog licences can be purchased at the municipal hall or by mail. Find out more.
Victoria Animal Control Services Inc. is the poundkeeper for Esquimalt. The company also provides Animal Control Officers to the Township. If you have an enquiry or complaint about animal control, please contact them directly at 250-414-0233 or [email protected].
For more information, please visit www.vacs.ca.
An Animal Control Officer or the poundkeeper may:
- At all reasonable times enter a property to determine whether the regulation or directions in the Animal Bylaw are being obeyed.
- an unlicensed dog
- any animal found to be running at large
- any dangerous dog found to be in a place or in circumstances prohibited by the Animal Bylaw More
- Issue a Municipal Ticket Information (MTI) to any person not complying with the provisions of the Animal Bylaw. More