Garbage is picked up every second week in Esquimalt. If your regular garbage day falls on a statutory holiday, your garbage will be picked-up on the next business day.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for timely garbage updates, or subscribe to our Esquimalt Alert service.
- Click to obtain a printable copy of the 2024 north side route garbage collection schedule
- Click to obtain a printable copy of the 2024 south side route garbage collection schedule
- You can also view the garbage collection map or phone 250-414-7108. Garbage is collected from the north and south sides of the municipality on alternate weeks.
Please have your garbage outside with bungee cords removed from the lid by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
Do you need assistance with your bins? Read more about our Residential Solid Waste Assistance Program and download an application form here.
Garbage rules and regulations
Find out more about:
- Materials accepted for garbage pick-up
- Banned materials
- Acceptable garbage containers
- Number of containers permitted for pick-up and how to deal with extra garbage
Missed garbage pick-up
If your garbage is not picked up on your regular collection day, please phone 250-414-7108.