Notice: COVID-19 Risk Assessment & Response Plan Requirement
All user groups are required to submit a Risk Assessment & Response Plan Form for approval before any activities will be conducted during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Users are encouraged to review the Safe Use of Facilities & Participation in Recreation Programs page and facility occupancy limits before completing this form.
Facility Booking Process during COVID-19 Pandemic:
Step 1: Complete and submit a Risk Assessment & Response Plan Form for approval
- Allow 2-3 weeks for review, adaptations and approval of your plan
Step 2: After approval of your COVID-19 Risk Assessment & Response Plan is received, proceed with your booking with Facility Bookings
- Allow 1 week for your rental agreement to be finalized, pending coordinating activity allocations with multiple user-groups.
Note: as this situation is continually evolving and, as a Province, we move into new phases of the Restart BC Plan, we anticipate timelines will be expedited. Your continued patience as we navigate these unprecedented times is appreciated.
The Township of Esquimalt has a number of facilities to meet the needs of a variety of groups including: meeting rooms, arenas, sports fields, park spaces and picnic areas available for rent.
QUICK LINKS WITHIN THIS PAGE:
How to Book
Please call 250.412.8525 or complete a facility booking request form. Please allow two business days for an initial response.
Seasonal rentals are available for all facilities. Please note facility allocation deadlines for seasonal rentals are:
- Ice Rentals: May 1 for the following September to March Season
- Sport Field Rentals: February 15 for the following April to September Season
- Room and Other Seasonal/Annual Rentals: Ongoing
NEW! Online Room Bookings
August 7, 2019 - We are currently looking to introduce online room bookings. Only facility spaces with online booking capability are captured below. Very limited options are available as we work with our developer to launch this service. Please select the space name to book. Users are currently able to book facility space online within 30 days of your desired rental. Within 1 day of your desired rental, please call 250.412.8525 to reserve.
|Viewfield||Esquimalt Recreation Centre||10|
|Kanaka||Esquimalt Recreation Centre||10-25|
|Atrium Convertible||Esquimalt Recreation Centre||15-30|
Children's Birthday Parties
Birthday Party bookings are available on Saturdays and Sundays. View availability and register online. Select "SERVICE" to filter your results by party type, we currently have three options to choose from:
- Kindergym & Sports - great for ages 1-6
- Swimming (No Host) - great for ages 7 years+
- Skating (No Host) - great for ages 6 years+ (September to March Only)
Birthday Parties - Booking & Cancellation Policy:
Payment in full upon booking your party is required. For full refunds, cancellations must be made 5 business days before your party. To secure your preferred party date, we recommend booking your a minimum of one-month in advance.
Curling Ice Private Rentals
Curling is fun, easy to learn, and a great team building exercise. It is a wonderful way to enjoy the winter months, improve your fitness level, and spend time with family and friends (or make some new friends). The Archie Browning Sports Centre Curling Arena offers a 6 sheet facility with the option to also reserve space in the Lounge overlooking the ice. Additional information pertaining to curling ice rentals includes:
- Two hour ice time booking minimum
- Curling ice is available October to March (approximately)
- $64.50/sheet of curling ice per two hour block
- 8 persons maximum per sheet
- Groups not associated with the Esquimalt Curling Club must include an instructor ($55.00/two hours - 2018 rates)
- Room rentals overlooking the ice also available: Lounge (for those 19yrs+) may be open and shared with general public at no costs; Lounge or Crow's Nest available for private rental (starting at $50/hour) - pricing varies on room set-up
- Lounge and Crow's Nest spaces can accommodate 120-150 people, seated
- Groups may bring in outside food products, support of Esquimalt-based businesses is strongly encouraged
NOTE: COVID Operating Requirements for Wedding Rentals - For weddings in parks, please review the related operating guidelines and details that must accompany your booking request here.
Esquimalt Parks offer a stunning location for your special day. Book up to two years in advance, please submit your request by email, and note the following:
- Weddings are allocated on a 2-hour minimum at a rate of $45/hour.
- Insurance required for your event. Insurance through us is available for weddings (insurance rates: 1-25 people: $10; 26-100 people: $25; 101+: $50). Some parties may already have their own insurance which is why this is not immediately included in the park rental fee. With taxes, the rental & insurance fee (based on a two hours booking) is $119.50.
- Payment is required at time of booking.
- Payment can be made through Facility Bookings or our reception team after your contract is set up. Our reception team is able to assist with payment 5:30am-10:30pm seven days a week at 250.412.8500 or in person at the Esquimalt Recreation Centre, located at 527 Fraser Street.
- The booking includes space/section reservation within the park only and insurance, if purchased through us. Equipment, i.e. tables and chairs are not included. Note: depending on the area you select within the park, there is usually a picnic table nearby which works well for the signing of documents.
- If you would like a tent or arbour they must be weighted and not staked into the ground as there are underground sprinklers throughout the parks.
- All tables, chairs, tents and arbours must be approved.
- The general public is always welcome in the parks.
- Parking is limited.
- Cancellations require 1-month notice to receive a full refund.
- Depending on the size and scope of your wedding, a special event permit may not be required. Click here to review and complete the special event permit.