Sewers and Drains
Esquimalt’s Engineering and Public Works Department is responsible for the maintenance and repair of municipal storm and sanitary sewers.
If you see a problem involving sewers and drains, please call us at 250-414-7108 during office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday). We are also on call 7 days per week and 24 hours per day to deal with emergencies.
After regular business hours (noted above) please call 250-995-7654.
In this section find out:
- How to deal with sewer and drain blockages on private property
- How to avoid winter blockages
- Who to contact with sewer questions
Subdivision and Servicing
For all servicing questions related to subdivision, please contact the Development Services Department at 250-414-7108. An appointment will be arranged with one of the municipal planners and engineers, if applicable, to discuss the proposed development.
- Download the Subdivision and Servicing Bylaw.
- Download the Works and Services for Development Council Policy.
- Download a schedule of Sewer and Storm Drain Permit and Connection Fees.
- Download our insurance informational brochure for any claims questions
- Learn about the Municipal Insurance Association of BC