Special Event Bookings

Notice: COVID-19 Risk Assessment & Response Plan Requirement

Special Event Operators are required to submit a Risk Assessment & Response Plan Form for approval before any activities will be conducted during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Users are encouraged to review the Safe Use of Facilities & Participation in Recreation Programs page and facility occupancy limits before completing this form. 

If you are holding an event in Esquimalt, you may require a special event permit.

A Special Event Permit is required when:

  • You are booking a public facility. This includes a park, a recreation facility, or a roadway
  • You require special support to conduct your event (e.g. closing a road, using municipal equipment, requiring Police or Fire Department staff support)
  • You are inviting large numbers and/or the public to attend your event
  • Your event will impact the community in general, including local businesses and neighbours.

A special event permit application is not required for booking a wedding in the Township of Esquimalt.

>>> Download a Special Event Permit Application

*** Please note an incomplete application will be returned. Bookings cannot be made and a permit for your event cannot be issued until a completed application form is received and a COVID-19 Risk Assessment and Resposne Plan has been submitted and a approved.***

Special Event Permit Application Process during COVID-19 Pandemic:

Step 1: Complete and submit a Risk Assessment & Response Plan Form for approval

  • Allow 2-3 weeks for review, adaptations and approval of your plan

Step 2: After approval of your COVID-19 Risk Asssessment & Response Plan is received, complete a special event application. 

  • Allow 1-2 weeks for review, adaptations and approval of your application

Note: as this situation is continually evolving and, as a Province, we move into new phases of the Restart BC Plan, we anticipate timelines will be expedited. Your continued patience as we navigate these unprescendented times is appreciated.