Open House #2
Please print out, complete and e-mail the form to Bill Brown, Director of Development Services by Friday May 5, 2017 at 4 p.m. Comments can also be sent directly via e-mail. Completed comment sheets can also be dropped off at the Township's Development Services Department, located on the 3rd floor, Esquimalt Municipal Hall, 1229 Esquimalt Road.
The Township of Esquimalt recently retained a consultant team to prepare Urban Design Guidelines for Esquimalt Road, from Canteen Road in the west to Dominion Road in the east. This work forms a key part of the Township’s Economic Development Strategy. It is also an important component of the Official Community Plan review process.
Project goals include:
- Enhancing the perception and experience of Esquimalt Road as the heart of downtown Esquimalt
- Establishing a clear, geographically defined identity
- Responding to changing patterns of land use, and encourage new development
- Providing design guidance to future developments
- Addressing the need for uniform design guidelines for both the street & new buildings
- Enhancing the public realm
The consulting team working on the project have expertise in urban planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering, land economics and architectural design and illustration.
An open house on the Esquimalt Road Urban Design Guidelines was held on Wednesday January 18, 2017 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Esquimalt Council Chambers, 1229 Esquimalt Road.
Our event announcement is available for viewing here.
Open House presentation boards are available for viewing here.
An online survey and comment form were available until January 31, 2017.
Individual presentation boards are available below: