Virtual Recreation: Fitness Classes
Esquimalt Recreation is pleased to offer new online fitness classes, to keep your body moving while you spend time at home! Before participating in these classes we encourage you to take the online ParQ+ fitness assessment. It is the physical activity readiness questionnaire. Please complete this form at least once a year to ensure that you are prepared for physical activity, and please modify any of these online fitness classes to meet your own personal fitness levels, drink lots of water, have fun and stay safe!
Reps by 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60
Ladder by 2's
Full Workout - Let's get Moving!
Another Full Workout - Keep it Going!
Back Health with Lab Health Physio
Be sure to warm up for 5-10 minutes before beginning and stretch at the conclusion of your workout.
Workout 1: Whole Body Workout
- 12 Exercises (using any equipment that you have, even if it’s soup cans).
- Perform 16 Reps (unless otherwise noted)
- Perform sequence 1-2 times
16 Repetitions of Each Exercise:
- Squat Jumps
- Up Down Plan
- Mountain Climbers(R + L = 1 rep)
- Bicep curl into a Shoulder Press
- Spider Man
- Side Lunges (8 per side)
- Travelling Plank (R 4x - L4x– 4x thru)
- Skull Crushers
- Inch Worm into a Squat
- Reverse Crunch
- Plank for 30 Seconds
- How Crucial Is Stretching. Click here read article and for a helpful handout with stretching exercises.
- Hydration. Click here to read article.
- Workout Anywhere, Anytime. Click here to read article.
- Functional Fitness: Balance. Click here to read article.
- Benefits of Catching Your ZZZ's. Click here to read article.