Leisure Involvement for Everyone (LIFE) Program 2024
The LIFE Program assists individuals and families with low income to access recreation programs and services.
Who is Eligible?
- Residents of Esquimalt whose combined gross household income is below the Statistics Canada Low Income thresholds for 2024 (see below). Applications must be processed in the municipality that you reside in, after which the 52 Drop-in Admissions may be used at any recreation centre in Greater Victoria.
- You are a Refugee or arrived under the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET) in the last year
* Post secondary students are not eligible for the LIFE pass at this time. *
How Do I Apply?
- Complete one application per family residing together below
- Send in current identification such as Care Card, BC ID, Drivers License.
- Send in current proof of residency with you, such as a utility bill or rental agreement.
- Send in proof of your gross annual household income, in the form of your 2022 or 2023 Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada. To obtain a Notice of Assessment, call 1-800-959-8281.
- If you are a Refugee or arrived under the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET) in the last year bring your landing papers along with your proof of Esquimalt residency to the Esquimalt Recreation Centre. Note: if you are staying with a host family, your proof of residency can be in the host family's name.
- L.I.F.E. Cards will be issued to each member of an eligible household. The L.I.F.E. Cards are valid until December 31st of the calendar year.
- Your LIFE application will be processed within 3 business days.
Estimated Stats Canada Low Income Thresholds 2024: