Leisure Involvement for Everyone (LIFE) Program
The LIFE Program assists individuals and families with low income to access Esquimalt's recreation programs and services.
Who is Eligible?
Residents of Esquimalt whose combined gross household income is below the Statistics Canada Low Income thresholds for 2018 (See LIFE application). Applications must be processed locally (Esquimalt Recreation Centre), after which the 52 Drop-in Admissions may be used at any Recreation Centre in Greater Victoria. The annual pass option and program discounts are restricted to use at the Esquimalt Recreation Centre.
How Do I Apply?
- Complete one application per household and drop it off with the reception staff at the Esquimalt Recreation Centre, 527 Fraser St, Victoria BC, 250-412-8500.
- Bring current identification such as Care Card, BC ID, Drivers License.
- Bring current proof of residency with you, such as a utility bill or rental agreement.
- Bring proof of your gross annual household income, in the form of your 2016 or 2017 Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada. To obtain a Notice of Assessment, call 1-800-959-8281.
- L.I.F.E. Cards will be issued to each member of an eligible household. The L.I.F.E. Cards are valid until December 31st of the year your application was submitted.
- Your LIFE application will be processed within 3 business days.