The finance department inputs transactions daily to provide up-to-date information for residents, council and staff. Daily activities include taking payments and preparing dog licenses, business licenses, property taxes, and payroll for the municipality.
Municipal financial statements are prepared for audit by March 30 each year and a copy of the audited financial statements are included with each year's annual report. If you require further details regarding financial reporting, please contact the Finance Department.
2022 budget- public input opportunities
- January 24: Council meeting—budget challenges presentation to discuss understanding of council priorities and acceptable tax revenue increase
- February 7: Council meeting—core budget presentations by department heads to provide departmental objectives and achievements to council; early budget approvals
- March 15: Special council meeting—consideration of 2022–2026 requests to approve supplemental operating and capital requests subject to funding and tax increase envelope
- April 4: Council meeting—tax rate policy discussion; Director of Financial Services presents options for council to reach consensus on property tax rate policy/tax rates
- April 25: Council meeting—first of three readings of financial plan and tax rate bylaws
- May 2: Council meeting—adoption of financial plan and tax rate bylaws
All meeting information will be posted on our Legistar site with council agenda information.
- Read our 2021 Municipal Finance and Budget Overview. Learn about:
- how the township uses and safeguards your tax dollars
- how the budget is drafted and opportunities for community input
- assessments and how they impact the taxes you pay
- how property taxes are calculated and options for tax relief
- 2021 budget policy and objectives
- 2025 Financial Plan Bylaw