Waterfit Instructor, Auxiliary
Competition No. 23-10
Internal/Auxiliary External Opportunity
This is a Union Position
Located next to downtown Victoria, the Township of Esquimalt, with a population of over 17,000, is home to Canada’s Pacific Naval Fleet. The community boasts extensive amenities including beautiful parks and beaches, scenic waterfront walkways as well as modern recreational facilities, schools and commercial services.
The Recreation Department is seeking motivated individuals to fill auxiliary waterfit instructor positions. Reporting to the Aquatic Programmer, the ideal candidates will:
- Instruct and participate in water exercise/aerobic classes
- Choreograph movements and plan music for classes
- Evaluate individual progress and discuss with participants
- Conduct safety review of class procedures
- Monitor class to recognize any distress in participants
- Recognized Aquatic Fitness Instructor qualification provided by BCRPA, CALA, or YMCA, or equivalent training and experience
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification an asset
- Clear criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check
Prior to applying, please review the attached job description which provides a detailed outline of key duties and required qualifications, skills, and abilities.
Salary: $24.30 – $26.24 hourly plus 14% in lieu of benefits (2023 rates)