The Official Community Plan (OCP) identifies twelve Development Permit Areas within Esquimalt.
Properties within these Development Permit Areas require a development permit to be issued by Council, for any new development or redevelopment. Find the relevant permit information by viewing the development permit area.
- Protect the natural environment
- Protect development from hazardous conditions
- Provide guidelines for the exterior form and character of developments, including:
- Multi-Family Residential
- Establish objectives for energy conservation and greenhouse gas reduction
- Establish objectives for water conservation
- Provide guidelines for specific locations in Esquimalt including:
Once approved, Development Permits are binding for current and future owners of the property.
- View our development tracker for map-based information
- Download a Development Permit Application.
- Download printable form Green Building Checklist.
- Download fillable Green Building Checklist.
- Download the Development Application Procedures and Fees Bylaw (No.2791).