The Official Community Plan (OCP) identifies twelve Development Permit Areas within Esquimalt.
Properties within these Development Permit Areas require a Development Permit to be issued by Council, for any new development or redevelopment.
- Protect the natural environment (DPA 1)
- Protect development from hazardous conditions (DPA 2)
- Provide guidelines for the exterior form and character of developments, including:
- Establish objectives for energy conservation and greenhouse gas reduction (DPA 7)
- Establish objectives for water conservation (DPA 8)
- Provide guidelines for specific locations in Esquimalt including:
Once approved, Development Permits are binding for current and future owners of the property.
Download a Development Permit Application.
Download a Green Building Checklist.
Find Development Services contacts.