The Official Community Plan (OCP) identifies twelve Development Permit Areas within Esquimalt.
Properties within these Development Permit Areas require a Development Permit to be issued by Council, for any new development or redevelopment.
- Provide guidelines for the exterior form and character of developments, including landscaping (DPAs 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Protect the natural environment (DPA 1)
- Protect development from hazardous conditions (DPA 2)
- Establish objectives for energy conservation and greenhouse gas reduction (DPA 7)
- Establish objectives for water conservation (DPA 8)
- Provide guidelines for specific locations in Esquimalt (DPAs 9, 10, 11,12). Once approved, Development Permits are binding for current and future owners of the property.
Download a Development Permit Application.
Download a Green Building Checklist.
Learn more about Energy-Efficient New Homes.
Find Development Services contacts.