The Township of Esquimalt Emergency Social Services (ESS) team is responsible for planning and providing short-term, basic emergency assistance to individuals evacuated from their homes due to an emergency or disaster.
We're looking for community minded volunteers to join the Esquimalt Emergency Program's ESS Team. Training is provided.
Currently, Esquimalt ESS Volunteers are responsible for:
- opening and operating Reception Centres to aid people affected by a disaster providing a referral service to place evacuees in local lodging facilities
- providing registration and inquiry information to the Red Cross to help re-unite families
- providing food to victims, volunteers, and workers affected by the emergency
- arranging for distribution of basic clothing to those who require it
- providing personal services, such as counselling, and meeting special needs, as required
- planning for Group Lodging Facilities (shelters), as needed
If you would like to volunteer or require more information, please contact the emergency program office at 250.414.7120.