School Break & Summer Camps
Centrally located, off of Esquimalt Road, parents appreciate easy drop off and pick up with free parking while their children spend the day enjoying a variety of activities with their experienced and enthusiastic staff. Camp hours run 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the opportunity to extend care before camp from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and after camp, 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2020 Camp Registration will open online March 11th, 2020 (with camps viewable online as of March 4th). In person and phone-in registration at the Esquimalt Recreation Centre will open March 18th, 2020. Please complete the CAMP EMERGENCY FORM before registration opens. The form must be complete in our registration database before a child can be registered in camps. For assistance in navigating your online account, see here.
Summer Camp Flyer
Get your sneak peek of our summer offerings, view our Camp Flyer online and plan the summer fun! Print copies of the camp flyer will be available for pick up at the Esquimalt Rec Centre after March 16th.
Policies & Additional Registration Information:
Withdrawal policy: One week notice is required to withdraw from any summer camp programs in order to receive a refund, no exceptions.
- Registration deadline for extended care. Extended care registration closes 1-week before camp begins, NO EXCEPTIONS. This allows our team to ensure appropriate staffing is available to accommodate all participants.
- Applying for subsidy (licensed camps only) - It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to apply for subsidy. Please apply early as subsidy can take up to 3 months to be processed through the Ministry of Children & Family Development. Subsidy is available for licensed camps only. Please note:
- Parents/guardians are required to pay for camp(s) until Esquimalt Recreation has received receipt and value of the subsidy approval.
- There is ALWAYS a parent portion (to fees). Click here to learn more.
- Support Needs - Does your child receive educational assistance at school? Looking ahead to summer camps, they will likely benefit from one-on-one support in camps as well. To ensure your child has the best possible experience & receives the support they need within camps, we appreciate families taking the initiative to arrange additional support as needed. Check out the Supported Child Development Program through Island Health. Be sure to contact them early as support demands are high. Please also contact our Camp Supervisor to discuss your child's needs prior to camp enrollment.
- Do you need help navigating your online account? Learn more here.
Payment is required in full at time of registration. Accepted payment methods: credit on account or credit card. For assistance navigating your online account, please see here.
In Person or Phone Registration
All camp registrations are processed through the Esquimalt Recreation Centre, located at 527 Fraser Street or 250.412.8500. Accepted payment methods: debit, credit card, credit on account. A payment plan may be arranged for in person registrations only.
Payment Plan Information:
Payment for all camps starting in July must be made during initial registration. Registration for Camps with August start dates can be scheduled for July 15. Scheduled payments can be made by Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) or credit card. For those not registering in July camps, payment for the first week of camp is required in full; the remaining August camp payments can be scheduled for July 15.
To ensure your child's safety, the current year Camp Emergency Form must be completed in full before registering for any Esquimalt Recreation camps.
For children with asthma or anaphylaxis where staff may be required to administor medications, please complete the following forms as applicable:
- Emergency Medication Care Plan - Anaphylaxis
- Emergency Medication Care Plan - Asthma
- Permission to Administer Medication
For more information about our camps, see: