Centrally located, off of Esquimalt Road, parents appreciate easy drop off and pick up with free parking while their children spend the day enjoying a variety of activities with their experienced and enthusiastic staff. Camp hours run 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the opportunity to extend care before camp from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and after camp, 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
QUICK LINKS ON THIS PAGE:
- Camp Flyer
- Registration Dates/Information
- Benefits of Esquimalt Recreation Camps
- Camp Staff
- Camp Emergency Form
- Other Forms
- Frequently Asked Questions
View our Camp Flyer and plan the summer fun! Avoid the line & register online! Phone and in-person registration also availabel through the Esquimalt Recreation Centre (527 Fraser St, tel: 250.412.8500). Be sure to compelte your CAMP EMREGENCY FORM before registering. Registrations cannot be processed until this form is completed.
Withdrawal policy: One week notice is required to withdraw from all summer camp programs in order to receive a refund.
- CAMP EMERGENCY FORM (Summer Camps) - MUST be completed before registration for any 2018 Esquimalt Recreation summer camps can be processed. Scroll down page for medical forms.
- Applying for subsidy (licensed camps only) - It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to apply for subsidy. Please apply early as subsidy can take up to 3 months to be processed through the Ministry of Children & Family Development. Subsidy is available for licensed camps only. Please note: parents/guardians are required to pay for camp(s) until Esquimalt Recreation has received receipt and value of the subsidy approval. Please also note: there is ALWAYS a parent portion (to fees). Click here to learn more.
- Support Needs - Does your child receive educational assistance at school? Looking ahead to summer camps, they will likely benefit from one-on-one support in camps as well. To ensure your child has the best possible experience & receives the support they need within camps, we appreciate families taking the initiative to arrange additional support as needed. Check out the Supported Child Development Program through Island Health or keep your eyes open for Recreation Integration Victoria's annual booklet of Summer Services for Children with Disabilities. Refer to the respective websites of each organization for more information & be sure to contact them early as support demands are high. Please also contact our Camp Supervisor to discuss your child's needs prior to camp enrollment.
- Energetic, and caring playground leaders
- Separate age groups to ensure quality programming for all kids
- Daily crafts, games and theme days
- Fantastic pool, gym, and skating facilities
- Beautiful parks within walking distance
- Reasonable rates and extended hours of care available for your convenience
- Flexible payment plan
Your children are in good hands with our summer playground leaders. Our summer playground leaders have:
- Experience working with children
- Completed criminal record checks
- First Aid, CPR, and child protection training
- Additional training in behaviour management, conflict resolution, and program planning
To ensure your child's safety, the Camp Emergency Form must be completed in full before registering for any Esquimalt Recreation 2018 summer camp. The form will be available after March 21st for the 2018 camp season. Registration for camps will open online March 28th; in person or by phone April 4th.
For children with asthma or anaphylaxis where staff may be required to administor medications, please complete the following forms as applicable:
- Emergency Medication Care Plan - Anaphylaxis
- Emergency Medication Care Plan - Asthma
- Permission to Administer Medication
For instructions on completing the form online, click here.
Do you have a questions not answered below? Please let us know here.
When do I need to return my child's camp emergency form?
Any enrollement in 2018 camps cannot take place until a camp emergency form is completed in full. This form will be available after March 1st with 2018 registration opening online March 28th. In person/phone registration will be available after April 4th.
What should my child should bring to camp every day?
Please check with your child’s leaders at the beginning of each week to see if there are any additional items your child should be bringing to camp but as a great "refer to" list, please bring:
- Healthy snacks and lunch
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- Bathing suit and towel
- Older clothing that can get dirty, muddy and sandy
- Raingear on rainy days
- Closed toed shoes or sandals that your child can run in - please no flip flops
- Backpack to put it all in
- Necessary medications or medical devices, ie. inhalers or Epipens
Is there anything I need to bring?
Yes! Please bring Photo ID. All parents, guardians, and any authorized persons picking children up from the program will be required to provide photo identification before a child will be released. You may be asked for this identification more than once. This is for the safety of your child; your cooperation is appreciated.
Please note: Children in Playground and Specialty Camps 10 years of age or older are permitted to sign themselves in/out of camp (with written permission from parent/guardian). Children 12 years of age or older may sign in/out their younger siblings (with written permission and be listed as an alternate pick up). Children in Licensed (OSC) camps are not permitted to sign themselves in or out.
What is your camp payment policy?
- ONLINE REGISTRATION - payment is required in full for all camps at time of registration.
- IN PERSON OR PHONE REGISTRATION - payment for all camps starting in July must be made during initial registration. Registration for camps with August start dates can be scheduled for July 15. Please note: for those not registering in July camps, payment for the first week of camp is required in full; the remaining August camp payments can be scheduled for July 15. Any camp registrations after July 15 must be made in full at time of registration. // Scheduled payment is available by Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) or credit card.
- Should payment be declined, two attempts to contact the family will be made. If payment remains outstanding, your child will be withdrawn from that camp.
What is your withdrawal policy?
One week notice is required to withdraw from all summer camp programs in order to receive a refund.
How to complete the the Camp Emergency Form
1. Select: COMPLETE CAMP EMERGENCY FORM ONLINE
2. Create an account or log in with your email address. Forgot Your Password? Select "Forgot You Password" & check your inbox to reset.
3. Toggle the child for whom you are completing the form OR select "Add a Member" to add a child to your account & Select: Next
4. Complete all field & select: Next
5. Select: Checkout
6. (Optional) Select: Print Registration Confirmation to view your completed form