Centrally located, off of Esquimalt Road, parents appreciate easy drop off and pick up with free parking while their children spend the day enjoying a variety of activities with their experienced and enthusiastic staff. Camp hours run 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the opportunity to extend care before camp from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and after camp, 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
2019 Camp Registration will open online March 20th, 2019. In person and phone-in registration at the Esquimalt Recreation Centre will open March 27th. Complete your Camp Emergency Form online now - before registration opens! The form must be completed prior to registering in any 2019 summer camps. For assistance in navigating your online account, see here. Learn more:
NEW! View our Camp Flyer and plan the summer fun! Avoid the line & register online starting March 20th (for 2019). Be sure to complete your Camp Emergency Form before registering - complete the form online here.
Phone and in-person registration through the Esquimalt Recreation Centre (527 Fraser St, tel: 250.412.8500) will be available starting March 27th, 2019.
Be sure to complete your SUMMER CAMP EMERGENCY FORM before registering. Registrations cannot be processed until this form is completed. Registration will open:
- Online: March 20th, 2019 - For assistance navigating your online account, see here.
- In person (527 Fraser Street) or phone-in (250.412.8500): March 27th, 2019
Policies & Additional Registration Information:
Withdrawal policy: One week notice is required to withdraw from all summer camp programs in order to receive a refund.
- Applying for subsidy (licensed camps only) - It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to apply for subsidy. Please apply early as subsidy can take up to 3 months to be processed through the Ministry of Children & Family Development. Subsidy is available for licensed camps only. Please note:
- Parents/guardians are required to pay for camp(s) until Esquimalt Recreation has received receipt and value of the subsidy approval.
- There is ALWAYS a parent portion (to fees). Click here to learn more.
- Support Needs - Does your child receive educational assistance at school? Looking ahead to summer camps, they will likely benefit from one-on-one support in camps as well. To ensure your child has the best possible experience & receives the support they need within camps, we appreciate families taking the initiative to arrange additional support as needed. Check out the Supported Child Development Program through Island Health or keep your eyes open for Recreation Integration Victoria's annual booklet of Summer Services for Children with Disabilities. Refer to the respective websites of each organization for more information & be sure to contact them early as support demands are high. Please also contact our Camp Supervisor to discuss your child's needs prior to camp enrollment.
- Do you need help navigating your online account? Learn more here.
Online Registration - starting March 20th
Payment is required in full at time of registration. Accepted payment methods: credit on account or credit card. For assistance navigating your online account, please see here.
In Person or Phone Registration - Starting March 27th
All camp registrations are processed through the Esquimalt Recreation Centre, located at 527 Fraser Street or 250.412.8500. Accepted payment methods: debit, credit card, credit on account. A payment plan may be arranged for in person registrations only.
Payment Plan Information:
Payment for all camps starting in July must be made during initial registration. Registration for Camps with August start dates can be scheduled for July 15. Scheduled payments can be made by Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) or credit card. For those not registering in July camps, payment for the first week of camp is required in full; the remaining August camp payments can be scheduled for July 15.
To ensure your child's safety, the Summer Camp Emergency Form must be completed in full before registering for any Esquimalt Recreation 2019 summer camp. The form will be available after March 14th for the 2019 camp season.
For children with asthma or anaphylaxis where staff may be required to administor medications, please complete the following forms as applicable:
- Emergency Medication Care Plan - Anaphylaxis
- Emergency Medication Care Plan - Asthma
- Permission to Administer Medication
For more information about our camps, see: