Centrally located, off of Esquimalt Road, parents appreciate easy drop off and pick up with free parking while their children spend the day enjoying a variety of activities with their experienced and enthusiastic staff. Camp hours run 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with the opportunity to extend care before camp from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and after camp, 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Please check back for 2019 Camp Information.
2019 Camp Registration will open online March 20th, 2019. In person and phone-in registration at the Esquimalt Recreation Centre will open March 27th.
COMING SOON! Check back here to view our Camp Flyer and plan the summer fun! Avoid the line & register online! Phone and in-person registration also available through the Esquimalt Recreation Centre (527 Fraser St, tel: 250.412.8500). IMPORTANT! Be sure to compelte your CAMP EMREGENCY FORM before registering. Registrations cannot be processed until this form is completed. The 2019 Camp Registration Form will be available after March 1st, 2019.
Withdrawal policy: One week notice is required to withdraw from all summer camp programs in order to receive a refund.
- CAMP EMERGENCY FORM (Summer Camps) - MUST be completed before registration for any 2019 Esquimalt Recreation summer camps can be processed. Scroll down page for medical forms.
- Applying for subsidy (licensed camps only) - It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to apply for subsidy. Please apply early as subsidy can take up to 3 months to be processed through the Ministry of Children & Family Development. Subsidy is available for licensed camps only. Please note: parents/guardians are required to pay for camp(s) until Esquimalt Recreation has received receipt and value of the subsidy approval. Please also note: there is ALWAYS a parent portion (to fees). Click here to learn more.
- Support Needs - Does your child receive educational assistance at school? Looking ahead to summer camps, they will likely benefit from one-on-one support in camps as well. To ensure your child has the best possible experience & receives the support they need within camps, we appreciate families taking the initiative to arrange additional support as needed. Check out the Supported Child Development Program through Island Health or keep your eyes open for Recreation Integration Victoria's annual booklet of Summer Services for Children with Disabilities. Refer to the respective websites of each organization for more information & be sure to contact them early as support demands are high. Please also contact our Camp Supervisor to discuss your child's needs prior to camp enrollment.
To ensure your child's safety, the Camp Emergency Form must be completed in full before registering for any Esquimalt Recreation 2019 summer camp. The form will be available after March 1st for the 2019 camp season. Registration for camps will open online March 20th; in person or by phone March 27th.
For children with asthma or anaphylaxis where staff may be required to administor medications, please complete the following forms as applicable:
- Emergency Medication Care Plan - Anaphylaxis
- Emergency Medication Care Plan - Asthma
- Permission to Administer Medication
For more information about our camps, see: