Township of Esquimalt Recreation facilities have some adjusted openings. Playgrounds are open with posted safety reminders. The popular splash pad at the Esquimalt Adventure Park will remain dry until later this summer. For related park, program and facility updates, please see our dedicated facility update page:
- Esquimalt Municipal Playgrounds Re-open (after closing in response to COVID-19 Pandemic), read the full release here.
- For weddings in parks, please review the related operating guidelines and details that must accompany your booking request here.
- For playing field status, please click here.
- Hither Green Playground - Community Consultation. Click here to learn more.
- Community Garden at Anderson Park Expansion. Click here to learn more.
|Macaulay Point Park Parking Lot + Boat Launch||Nov 30th||Parking lot and boat launch CLOSED from 6 AM - 11 AM. Park remains open, alternative parking on residential streets or at Saxe Point park during this time|
|Esquimalt's Gorge Park||July 2020-August 2021|
Construction of a new community facility to occur September 15 2020-January 2022 (estimated, subject to change). Limited parking available at Sioux Pl during the construction period.
As timelines are established and more information is available, notices will be updated and in-park signage will be posted.
|Macaulay Point||September 30 – December|
Part of the waterfront pathway at Macaulay Point will be closed for construction. (Mcloughlin WWTP
|Macaulay Point Park||November 26-Decenber 3|
Gravel pathway will be upgraded with additional surfacing effective Thursday Nov. 26.
Click here to see updates on the status of our playing fields.
Link to profiles for Esquimalt's: