Township of Esquimalt Recreation facilities have some adjusted openings. Playgrounds are open with posted safety reminders.
Water fountains in Esquimalt parks
- Saxe Point Park: beside main parking lot
- High Rock Park: neat pathway in the dog off-leash area
- Memorial Park: beside playground
- West Bay: entrance of the walkway
- Gorge Park: south side on the nature house
- Adventure Park: Lion's head fountain
- For weddings in parks, please review the related operating guidelines and details that must accompany your booking request here.
- For playing field status, please click here.
- Hither Green Playground - Community Consultation. Click here to learn more.
- Community Garden at Anderson Park Expansion. Click here to learn more.
- Adventure Park Splash Pad. Open May 20 - Sept 6, 10am - 7pm
Esquimalt Gorge Park
|July 2020-April 2022|
Construction of a highly energy efficient Pavillion in Esquimalt Gorge Park. Work includes development of a Japanese inspired reflective pond and landscaping with associated parking and rain gardens. Construction will occur September 15 2020-April 2022 (estimated, subject to change). Limited parking available at Sioux Pl during the construction period.
As timelines are established and more information is available, notices will be updated and in-park signage will be posted.
|Esquimalt Gorge Park||Wednesday Oct. 20 - TBA||The power to the park is temporarily disconnected to allow for conversion of power to the new Esquimalt Gorge Park Pavilion. Nature house and washrooms are temporarily closed, port o potty on site. Power will be reconnected when work is complete.|
|Memorial Park||Thursday April 7-TBA||Due to a water leak the water fountain and dog dish has been turned off until repaired.|
|Memorial Park||TBA||Steering wheel on toy boat being reapaired|
The Great Esquimalt Tree Hunt:
We are excited to hear from YOU about important trees in the community:!
Click here to see updates on the status of our playing fields.