The Esquimalt Recreation Centre is a multi-purpose wellness and community recreation facility with an aquatics centre, weight room, gymnasium and multi-purpose spaces.
Quick links on this page:
- Location: 527 Fraser Street, Esquimalt BC V9A 6H6
- Phone: 250-412-8500
- Email: [email protected]
Hours of Operation:
The Recreation Centre will be closed on Friday December 23, 2022 due to weather conditions.
- Reception and Wellness Centre (gym) :
- Monday - Sunday 5:30 am - 10:30 pm
- Aquatics Facility
- Sunday - 8:30am-9:00pm
- Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday - 5:30am-10:30pm
- Wednesday - 5:30am-9:00pm
- Saturday - 5:30am-9:00pm
PLEASE NOTE: Due to an ongoing regional shortage of lifeguards, the pool and facility may be subject to close earlier than standard operational hours.
Features of the Recreation Centre include:
- 4500+ square foot Wellness Centre, featuring state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment
- Aquatic Centre with a six-lane 25-metre lap pool, warm “lifestyle pool” and tot pool with spray features, wheelchair accessible hot-tub, steam room, and sauna
- Senior’s (50+) centre
- Multi-purpose activity and meeting rooms which can accommodate up to 300 people for recreational programs, community meetings, and weddings. To book a room click here
- Out of School Care and childminding services
- Parks and Recreation Services program staff offices
Lab Health Physio
Lab Health Physio is a multidisciplinary health clinic located inside the recreation centre that provides a range of services including Physiotherapy, Registered Massage Therapy, Kinesiology, Athletic Therapy, Acupuncture and more. For more information visit their website or call 250-386-7254.
Facility Booking Information
For booking information, contact Tatum Hillis by email or by phone at 250-412-8525.
Free, three hour parking is available the Esquimalt Recreation Centre but may be limited during peak times. If you are coming for a workout to the Esquimalt Rec Centre, please consider parking in the Sports Centre lot and enjoy a short 200 metre walk across Bullen Park and some fresh air before start your indoor fitness regime. Doing so will be greatly appreciated by persons with mobility restrictions and those with young children.
Street parking is available, but please respect residential only parking zones. Residential only parking is monitored and strictly enforced.