Are you planning an event? Make it a green one!
The Township strives to make events hosted in Esquimalt the greenest in the region! To meet this goal, the Green Event Planning Guide was developed as a tool for event planners. We encourage event planners to consider improving the environmental performance of their next event by implementing some of the suggestions contained in the guide.
The guide provides a number of suggestions regarding:
- choosing a venue;
- developing a transportation plan;
- procuring "green" equipment and materials;
- selecting sustainable food choices to serve at your event;
- collecting compost and recyclable materials; and
- communicating your event's green practices.
Download a copy of the Green Event Planning Guide.
Resources for Event Planners
The following resources and templates were created to complement the guide:
- Green Event Checklist (Word)
- Green Event Resources Listing (PDF)
- Green Guide for Food Vendors (Word)
- Vendor Information Letter (Word)
- Volunteer Information Letter (Word)
- Compost & Recycling Guide (Word)
- Bin Signage (Word)
For more information, please contact:
Community Development Coordinator