Esquimalt’s committees serve an important role in advising and providing policy recommendations to Mayor and Council. Dedicated volunteers from the community serve on these committees along with appointed staff and Council members.
Esquimalt’s four Advisory Committees, one Commission and one Board include:
- Advisory Planning Commission
- Advisory Planning Commission Design Review Committee
- Board of Variance
- Environmental Advisory Committee
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
Committee Terms of Reference, Minutes and Agendas can be located by clicking on the Committees noted above.
Information about the Victoria Family Court and Youth Justice Committee can be found at the following link:
www.victoriafamilycourt.ca or contact the Committee Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
The Township of Esquimalt is accepting applications from individuals interested in serving the community. Esquimalt Council will be considering applications for appointments to:
Advisory Planning Commission (two vacancies)
- One vacancy for one-year term from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018; and one for two-year term from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2019
- Must be resident of Esquimalt; preference will be given to applicants with knowledge or experience in accessibility, environmental issues and/or heritage conservation
Environmental Advisory Committee (four vacancies)
- Four vacancies for two-year term from September 1, 2017 to June 30, 2019
Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee (six vacancies)
- Four vacancies for two-year term from September 1, 2017 to June 30, 2019; and two for one-year term from September 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
Prior to applying, it is recommended that prospective applicants review Council’s Strategic Plan, the Terms of Reference for the Committees and the Advisory Planning Commission Bylaw, to fully understand the role of the Committee or Commission and the input expected to be provided to Council.
Anyone interested in being considered for appointment is invited to submit an application form and a resumé, listing professional and volunteer experience, interests, and current community affiliations, to the Director of Corporate Services, at Township of Esquimalt Municipal Hall, 1229 Esquimalt Road, Esquimalt, BC V9A 3P1 or by email to email@example.com by 12:00 noon, Tuesday May 23, 2017.
Applicants will be notified of interview date and time. Please contact the Director of Corporate Services at 250-414-7135 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.