The OCP Open House is now closed.
Thank you for joining us for our online Official Communtiy Plan (OCP) Open House. The purpose of this open house is to share some of the policies being developed to move Esquimalt forward over the next 10+ years to accommodate future growth.
On this page you can view the Open House display boards, a series of seven draft policy documents, as well as updated maps for public review. Public input was collected between June 7 - 20, 2017.
An Official Community Plan is a statement of the municipality's objectives and policies to guide decisions on planning and land use management. It is important that the plan be reviewed and updated regularly to ensure it continues to reflect the values and aspirations of the community.
Since October 2015 the Township has been reviewing its Official Community Plan (OCP). The review process will be completed in late 2017 with the adoption of a revised Official Community Plan.
Open House Resources
Draft OCP Policies
- Arts, Culture & Heritage
- Commercial, Industrial & Institutional Development
- Economic Development
- Energy, Environment & Food
- Housing & Residential Development
- Parks, Recreation & Trails
- Transportation & Infrastructure
- Current Land Use Designation
- Proposed Land Use Designation
- Public Parks & Facilities
- Roads Network
- View Corridors
*New* Online Maps
You can now view the proposed Land Use Designation Map and View Corridors Map online. This online engagement platform allows viewers to zoom in on specific locations (parcels) on the map and the capability of adding comments and photos. Please note, comments submitted will be visible to others viewing the map.
Comments are now closed.
1. Select a map from below list. The map will open in a new window.
2. Select "Explore Map".
3. Use mouse or "+" and "-" buttons to zoom in and out on the map.
4. To add a comment or photo, select "+ Participate" button. You will be prompted to sign in. In regards to privacy concerns, continue as a guest to remain annonymous.
5. Mandatory fields include Title, Location and Description. Uploading a photo is optional; however, you must click on the box for uploading a photo in order to submit your comment.
7. To submit, select "Accept terms and conditions".
The results of the OCP Open House will be available in July 2017.
A draft Official Community Plan will be available in Fall 2017.
To receive updates on the OCP review directly to your inbox, please subscribe for E-mail notifications here.
For more information, please contact:
Marlene Lagoa, Community Development Coordinator