We thank business owners for being leaders in helping the community stay safe and observing the guidance of our health authorities.
All municipal buildings in Esquimalt will be closed to the public until further notice.
Many Township services are available online or can be taken care of over the phone.
- NEW: fillable building plan request form
- NEW: fillable property information request letter
- “Report a problem” form and other helpful online information.
- Engineering applications, including requests for traffic calming, parking restrictions or boulevard alterations can be submitted by email to [email protected].
- For building or development permits, find information online or contact our Development Services Department with questions.
- Tree permits are now being processed over the phone, residents can call 250-412-8513. They can also be sent in electronically at [email protected]. Further follow up with the property owner will take place over the phone and by email. Please tag the affect tree(s) and our arborist will attend to evaluate.
Some services will be available by appointment only. Residents may call or email the department directly for arrangements or contact general reception at 250-414-7100.
Other municipal operations:
- We are proceeding with scheduled council meetings and have changed processes to allow the public to participate from home. Please contact [email protected] or call 250-414-7100 for details. As usual, you may email feedback for council's consideration at any time.
- All committee meetings are tentatively scheduled until further notice.
- The Esquimalt Archives are available online only.
Business owners and staff can also keep up to date on significant alerts using Esquimalt Alert, the Township’s notification system that uses text, phone, email or app to keep the public informed. Sign up at Esquimalt.ca/alerts.
Resources for businesses and employees
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Guidance documents
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): For businesses and employees
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Benefits and services
- Work Safe BC COVID-19 information and resources
- Small Business BC resources for small business
- Esquimalt Chamber of Commerce
- BC Chamber of Commerce
- COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
- British Columbia Economic Development Association
- BDC support for entrepreneurs
- CRA tax information