Each year the Township of Esquimalt accepts applications from individuals interested in serving the community as a member of an Advisory Committee, Commission or Board. Esquimalt Council is currently considering applications for appointments to:
- Advisory Planning Commission - 1 vacancy (until June 30, 2017) – must be resident of Esquimalt. Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge or experience in environmental issues and/or heritage conservation.
- Design Review Committee - 1 vacancy (until June 30, 2017) – must be resident of Esquimalt. Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge or experience in heritage conservation, energy conservation, green building design and construction, or any other field relevant to urban design.
- Environmental Advisory Committee - 1 vacancy (temporary appointment from March 15, 2016 to March 15, 2017).
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee - 1 vacancy (temporary appointment from March 15, 2016 to March 15, 2017)
- Youth Representative - Environmental Advisory Committee - Youth interested in serving the community as a youth representative and voting member on the Environmental Advisory Committee are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Reference for the Commission and Committees are available on the committee pages of our website.
Anyone interested in being considered for appointment is invited to submit an application and resume listing professional and volunteer experience, interests, and current community affiliations to the Director of Corporate Services by 12:00 noon, Wednesday, March 23, 2016.
Applications may be mailed (1229 Esquimalt Road, Esquimalt, BC, V9A 3P1), faxed (250-414-7111) or emailed to [email protected]. Applicants will be notified of interview date and time. Please include a daytime phone number and email address in order to be contacted.
Download an application here.
For further information about the various appointment opportunities, including terms of reference, length of appointment and meeting times, please contact:
Anja Nurvo, Director of Corporate Services