Updated February 13th
Each year the municipality accepts applications from individuals interested in serving the community as a member of an Advisory Committee, Commission or Board. Esquimalt Council will be considering applications for appointments in the following areas:
- Advisory Planning Commission (up to 3 vacancies)
- Arts, Culture and Special Events Advisory Committee (up to 5 vacancies)
- Board of Variance (1 vacancy)
- Environmental Advisory Committee (up to 3 vacancies)
- Heritage Advisory Committee (up to 5 vacancies)
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee ( up to 5 vacancies - Of the 5 vacancies, one (1) will be for the purpose of providing an accessibility focus)
- Victoria Family Court and Youth Justice Committee (1 vacancy)
Youth interested in serving the community as a youth representative on one of Council's Advisory Committees are also encouraged to apply as voting members. Youth applications will be considered for the following Advisory Committees:
- Arts, Culture and Special Events Advisory Committee (1 vacancy)
- Environmental Advisory Committee (1 vacancy)
- Heritage Advisory Committee (1 vacancy)
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee (1 vacancy)
Council will also be considering applications from members of the community interested in participating on the Advisory Planning Commission in a non-voting capacity to assist with providing an accessibility focus on the Commission. There are currently two (2) vacancies for which Council will be making appointments.
Council will also be appointing a representative from the Environmental Advisory Committee to participate on the Advisory Planning Commission in a non-voting capacity, with a focus on the environment. Please indicate on your application if you are interested in this appointment.
Anyone interested in being considered for appointment to any Committee, Commission or Board is invited to submit an application and a résumé listing professional and volunteer experience and interests to Anja Nurvo, Manager of Corporate Services, by 4:00 p.m. Monday, February 20, 2012. Applications may be mailed, faxed (250-414-7111), e-mailed [Click to reveal email address] or submitted online. Applicants will be notified of interview date and time. Please include a daytime phone number and email address in order to be contacted to schedule an interview.
Download the PDF application form or complete the application form online.
For further information about the various appointment opportunities, including terms of reference, length of appointments and meeting times, please contact:
Anja Nurvo, Manager of Corporate Services