Esquimalt parks and sport fields may be rented for a variety of functions including weddings, community events, company picnics, and sporting events.
Please note that we have adjusted some of our processes to follow proper COVID-19 processes. Thank you for your patience.
Parks that are suitable for weddings include:
- Saxe Point Park at the end of Fraser Street
- Fleming Beach at the end of Clifton Street
- Esquimalt Gorge Park on Tillicum Road.
Esquimalt has two fields that are suitable for rentals for sporting activities such as baseball, soccer, rugby, outdoor volleyball, touch football, field hockey, or spectator events. Locations available:
- Bullen Park on Lyall Street between the Archie Browning Sports Centre and Esquimalt Recreation Centre
- L’école Victor Brodeur Field on Head Street
How to book a park or field
Please be prepared to supply the following information:
- The name of your organization and/or function
- The event coordinator’s name and contact information
- The date and time
- Proof of liability insurance
Please be advised that special event permits are required for large events that may potentially impact the community, local businesses, roads, and/or transit routes. More
Park use guidelines
The following are guidelines for park bookings:
- Confetti and bird seed are not permitted
- A maximum of 30 chairs can be used for an event (plastic deck chairs are recommended)
- Roping off areas of the park is not permitted
- At no time can the public be denied use of the park
- The use of tents must be pre-approved by the Recreation Facilities Coordinator
- Only gas barbeques are permitted
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted
- Large events must leave a minimum of five parking spots for community use
- All waste and debris must be removed after your event
- No vehicles of any kind may be driven or parked on the lawns
- Bring a copy of your contract to your event/booking as proof of purchase
- No refunds due to poor weather.
For booking information, please contact Chris Millan by email or by phone at 250-412-8525.