By order of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) as of September 13, 2021, proof of vaccination (one dose) will be REQUIRED for some of our programs and events. By October 24, proof of two vaccinations will be required.
Proof of vaccine required for:
- All waterfit classes for 12+ years
- All indoor fitness activities/weight room for patrons 12+ years
- Indoor adult sports for people 12+ years
- Indoor, organized events over 50 person capacity
- Spectators of indoor sports over 50-person capacity
From Sept 13-26, patrons are required to show proof of vaccine in the form of either a COVID-19 immunization record or BC Vaccine Card, AND a piece of government issue ID. After September 27, patrons will be required to show a digital or printed version of their BC Vaccine Card.
EXEMPTIONS: The following activities are exempt:
- Pool – except waterfit and events over 50 people
- After school care
- Public skating
- Indoor youth sports (21yrs and under)
- Outdoor youth sports
- Organized recreational or cultural programs under 50 people (Kids Dance, Adult Bridge or Art)
- General facility access
Your BC Vaccination Card: For specific instructions on how to download the BC Vaccination Card on to your smartphone or computer go to: the BC Vaccine Card website: www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard. You can also order your card by phone at 1-833 838-2323.
The Township of Esquimalt is a respectful workplace. Our employees are doing what is mandated by the Public Health Order which is subject to change. Your respectful approach to this procedure is greatly appreciated.