Limited in-person attendance allowed in council chambers
During Phase 3 of the BC Restart Plan, from July 1 until the start of Phase 4 expected in early September, no more than 40 people will be permitted in the council chambers. This includes Mayor and Council, staff, presenters, and approximately 20 members of the public. Due to the limited seating available, if you wish to attend a meeting, we recommend that you call the Corporate Officer at 250-414-7135 or email [email protected] to reserve a seat.
Anyone arriving at municipal hall without a reserved seat will not be permitted into the building once the maximum number of in-person seats have been taken. It is recommended and encouraged that anyone attending a meeting in-person wear a face mask while in municipal hall. Learn more about council meetings.
- Municipal hall is open to the public Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Effective Monday, July 5, the public will be again welcome to go to the third floor, or to counter service in the Administration section.
- We recommend and encourage members of the public to wear a mask while they are in our buildings.
- The archives will be open to the public one day per week – Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The public safety building has reopened to the public effective July 5.
- Recreation continues to reopen and offer more programs and services. View the updates.