Each year the municipality accepts applications from individuals interested in serving the community as a member of an Advisory Committee, Commission or Board. Esquimalt Council will be considering applications for appointments in the following areas:
• Advisory Planning Commission (up to 4 vacancies)
• Board of Variance (up to 2 vacancies)
• Access Awareness Advisory Committee (up to 3 vacancies)
• Arts, Culture and Special Events Advisory Committee (up to 4 vacancies)
• Environmental Advisory Committee (up to 4 vacancies)
• Heritage Advisory Committee (up to 3 vacancies)
• Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee ( up to 2 vacancies)*
*Youth are encouraged to apply as non-voting liaisons for a semester at a time on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee.
Anyone interested in being considered for appointment to any Committee, Commission or Board is invited to submit an application form and a résumé listing professional and volunteer experience and interests to Carollyne Evans, Manager of Corporate Services, by 4:30 p.m. Friday, November 12, 2010. Applications may be mailed, faxed (250-414-7111) or scanned and e-mailed. Applicants will be notified of interview date and time.
For further information about the various appointment opportunities, including terms of reference, length of appointments and meeting times, please contact:
Carollyne Evans, Manager of Corporate Services