The Solicitor General is seeking four members of the public to serve on the Esquimalt Policing and Law Enforcement Advisory Panel/Board.
As a police board member, you must:
- have a residence and/or business in the municipality
- have an interest in the delivery of policing services for the municipality
- undergo a criminal record check and personal suitability interview
- be prepared to commit up to 20 hours a month to fulfill board duties.
This appointment is initially for a one-year term.
You will be called on to make recommendations relating to:
- the review of policing and law enforcement services required by the Township of Esquimalt.
- the submission of a report to the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General and the Director of Police Services recommending a policing and law enforcement model to serve the municipality and meet the requirements of Section 15 of the Police Act.
Since selection of board members is based on merit, you should have an understanding of governance boards along with experience in business, financial management/administration and community development.
For further information, please visit www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/police_services to access the Victoria Police Department – Service Level Review, completed in February 2010.
Please submit your expression of interest by 4:30 pm, June 25, 2010, to:
Assistant Deputy Minister, Policing and Community Safety Branch,
Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, PO Box 9285 Stn Prov Gov’t,
Victoria, BC V8W 9J7.
Email: [email protected].