The Community Gardens Task Force is seeking the public's input on community gardens in Esquimalt. Community members are being invited to share their thoughts on community gardens by completing a short survey. The Task Force has recommended five potential sites to Esquimalt Council, they include:
- Anderson Park – 835 Colville Road
- Colville Property – between 1086 and 1100 Colville Road
- École Victor-Brodeur – 637 Head Street
- Esquimalt Teen Centre - 535 Fraser Street
- Fraser Property - 537 Fraser Street
In December 2009, Council directed the establishment of a Community Gardens Task Force to look at opportunities for a community garden in the Township. The Task Force comprises six members: two from the Environmental Advisory Committee, two from the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee and two from the community.
THE SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED.
For more information, please contact:
Community Gardens Task Force