CRD Public Service Announcement
Heavy rain caused combined stormwater and wastewater overflows along additional shorelines in Greater Victoria beginning the evening of January 3, 2019. The areas affected are:
- Between Rutland Road (Oak Bay) and Seaview Road (Saanich) including Cadboro Bay.
- Between Trafalgar Park and Radcliffe Lane including McNeill Bay in Oak Bay.
- Between Fraser Street and Victoria View Road including Saxe Point, Macaulay Point and McLoughlin Point in Esquimalt.
- Between Cook Street and St. Charles Street including Clover Point and Ross Bay in Victoria.
- Between Arbutus Cove Lane and Telegraph Bay Road including Arbutus Cove, Finnerty Cove and Telegraph Cove in Saanich.
As a result of these discharges, residents are advised to avoid entering the waters along the affected shorelines, as the wastewater may pose a health risk.
As a precaution and in consultation with Island Health and the local municipalities, beaches within the affected areas will be posted with public health advisory signs until sample results indicate enterococci levels are below the 70CFU/100mL recreational limit.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Matthew McCrank, Senior Manager, Infrastructure Operations
CRD Integrated Water Services
Office 250.474.9662 Cell 250.415.0188