To maintain the safety of patrons and staff and prevent the spread of COVID-19, wellness centre use will look different upon re-opening. This includes the requirement for all weight room users to reserve their time slot in advance. Reservations allow us to ensure physical distancing is maintained and provide time for additional cleaning. Please also be advised of the following in place for your safety:
- Maximum 20 participants in the Weight Room at one time.
- Reservations required. No drop-ins permitted at this time.
- Do NOT use the facility if you or a household member are sick. Cancel your reservation by phone at 250.412.8500 at least one-hour before scheduled time to receive refund.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after your visit. Participants encouraged to bring own sanitizer, this will not supplied (access to hand-washing sinks are provided).
- Follow physical distancing – stay 2 metres apart (no congregating).
- Clean equipment before and after use with disinfectant and paper towel.
- Do not bring valuables. If using a cubby, clean your cubby with disinfectant spray and paper towel before and after use.
- Adhere to the reserved time block selected. Late departures not permitted.
- Equipment should not be shared or used simultaneously (i.e., working in sets).
- No spotting – only lift what you can manage on your own.
- Some equipment may not be accessible.
- Water fountain is not available, bottle refill only. Participants are encouraged to bring their own filled water bottles.
- Washrooms available with limited capacity.
Rules are subject to change and will be updated as needed. Those disregarding rules may be asked to leave the facility.
Wellness Centre Hours & Reservation Information
- Reserve up to 14 days in advance for your preferred session.
- Payment required at the time of reservation and can be done by credit card, or by applying a credit to your account. Please call 250.412.8500 to purchase credit on your account.
- Reserve your space online 24 hours/day, seven days a week. See Navigating Your Online Account.
- Reserve your space by phone 250.412.8500 Monday-Saturday 7am-7pm.
- To redeem admission by punch pass, please call 250.412.8500.
|Single||10 x Punch Pass||25 x Punch Pass|
Arrival, Sign In, and Exiting:
- There will be no access to the Esquimalt Recreation Centre until the scheduled start time.
- Those arriving early must line up outside the main Esquimalt Recreation Centre entrance, maintaining physical distance.
- 5 minutes before the scheduled start time, staff will check in those who are already waiting outside the entrance.
- Doors to the centre will be opened at the scheduled start time.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the facility.
- Upon entering the facility for the use of the wellness centre, each person will take a bottle of disinfectant spray to use for the duration of their workout. Paper towel is available throughout the weight room.
- Observe signage provided, follow designated paths of entry and exit.
To view the comprehensive Wellness Centre Safety Plan, please see here.