The health and safety of the public and staff is our top priority. It is everyone’s responsibility to help prevent the potential spread of COVID-19.
In advance of re-opening our facilities in phases, we are announcing the following general protocols while using our facilities that will support our efforts to maintain health and safety. Please be advised this will be updated as further direction is required from health authorities:
- Do not use the facility if you are sick
- Stay home if you have traveled in the past 14 days, are required to be in quarantine OR if someone in your household is sick
- Wash your hands frequently
- Follow physical distancing guidelines – keep 2 metres apart from each other at all times; children to follow no contact guidelines
- Follow coughing and sneezing guidelines
- Do not loiter, no congregating in facility
- Do not share equipment
- Bring your own (filled) water bottle
- All public spaces and common touch points will be cleaned regularly
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and use it each time you touch a surface such as a door handle, payment machine, etc.
- No access to lockers or showers
- Limited capacity
People not adhering to this protocol risk the closure of the facilities and will be asked to leave the premises.
Esquimalt Parks & Recreation is following the direction of public health experts.
For area specific operating protocols, please visit:
For rental clients and contract instructors:
Please be advised that protocols will be updated as this unprecendented situation continues to evolve.