A focus on art
The Township has started the process for a Public Art Plan as part of Esquimalt council's strategic priorities for 2019-2023 to support the arts, culture and heritage community.
The purpose of the project is to define the future direction, philosophy, policies, priorities and actions for the Township of Esquimalt relating to public art.
What do YOU like about public art?
Share your ideas on our Shout Out for Public Art on our Kudo board.
The Township’s Art in Public Spaces Plan project is anticipated to be an 8-month process of research and community engagement to chart a course for Esquimalt’s future cultural development through art in public spaces.
The process will be divided into four phrases, with completion of the plan and associated documents by the end of 2021.
- Phase 1 (March): Research and analysis/process design:
- Phase 2 (April-June): Engagement to inform the draft plan
- Phase 3 (summer): Synthesis and validation---Art in Public Spaces Master Plan development / engagement on draft master plan
- Phase 4 (September-November): Part A: Finalization and adoption of the master plan.
- The planning process is being carried out by a project team of consultants and the township’s Community and Cultural Services Staff.
The township has contracted Patricia Huntsman Culture + Communication to lead this process.
Check back to this page for project updates and future engagement opportunities.