All sessions are booked on a first come, first served basis. Daytime school aged swim lessons are booked as “block registration” to accommodate an entire classroom at one time.
Please contact the Aquatics Office directly to arrange your group by email or phone at 250-412-8505. Homeschoolers are encouraged to register in groups of 8-24 swimmers.
What do I need to know about “block registration”?
Swimmers register for a time-slot and not a level. Staff will group swimmers into levels based on information provided. On the first day of lessons, swimmers will be re-grouped as needed to best to ensure the safety and success of all participants. Swimmers are grouped as “Beginner”, “Intermediate” and “Advanced”. Although Esquimalt’s Daytime School Aged Swim Lesson Program is not the identical Red Cross Swim Kids, the level do correlate. Daycare Programs and Kindergarten classes are grouped similarly with Esquimalt's Tots Program.
- Beginner = Swim Kids 1, 2 & 3
- Intermediate = Swim Kids 4, 5 & 6
- Advanced = Swim Kids 7, 8, 9 & 10
Swimmers are issued a progress card at the conclusion of the lesson but are not issued badges.
What other information do I need to know?
- Please speak with the Team Leader on duty or the Aquatic Admin Staff, should you have any questions, at any time, during the lessons.
- There are typically 6-12 swimmers per instructor for the daytime lesson program for school-aged swimmers. For Daycare Programs and Kindergarten classes, there are typically 4-6 swimmers per instructor.
- The fee for lessons is based on the number of instructors. Staffing is $18/30 minutes of instruction per class (no more than 6 swimmers per class).
For more information, please contact:
Meghan Nicklin, Aquatic Programmer