Esquimalt is Bloomin' Beautiful! Esquimalt's Bloomin' Beautiful Campaign celebrates the pride residents and businesses have in their properties. A legacy from Esquimalt's 2012 Centennial year has grown into an online nursery of resources and inspiration!
- Esquimalt Residential Virtual Garden Tour
- How to Grow - Advice from West Coast Seeds
- Garden Wisdom - Resources from West Coast Seeds
- Tip Sheets - Resources from Bloomin' Beautiful sponsor, Garden Works
- Share Your Ideas & Connect with the Community
- Additional Resources
- How to grow flowers - Common Woolly Sunflowers
- How to grow flowers - Strawflowers
- How to grow flowers - Bulbs
- How to grow herbs - Parsley
- How to grow herbs - Oregano
- How to grow herbs - Garlic
- How to grow vegetables - Carrots
- How to grow vegetables - Peas
- How to grow vegetables - Potatoes
- Article: Growing Food in Containers
- Article: Beyond Lettuce: A World of Salad Greens
- Article: Preparing Garden Beds
- Article: Garden Planning 101
We're looking to add to this selection of materials and resources, please share your ideas for content or highlights from your gardens: garden progress, fun ornaments or suggestions to inspire your neighours through this form.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Looking for an online group to connect with? Search on Facebook for Esquimalt Urban Farmers. Local residents have created this group "for Esquimalt urban farmers to share information, resources and make connections. Anyone who grows food (animals or plants) is welcome to join."
Contact a local landscaper or painter to assist with property maintenance.
Meghan Nicklin Recreation Coordinator
Jacqui Fitts Recreation Programmer - Community Development