Updated March 28, 2019:
We are still in need of 11 volunteer route marshals for the April 6th event. Route Marshals are kindly asked to check in at the Archie Browning Sports Centre (in the Lounge, located on the 2nd floor, 1151 Esquimalt Road) at 8:00 a.m. It is anticipated volunteer shifts will conclude around 11:30 a.m. Fresh coffee and light snacks will be provided to start your day, along with a complimentary COMMUNITY CREW t-shirt. To volunteer, please contact Shelann by email or phone, 250.412.8511.
Original Post - posted on March 1, 2019 :
Whether you're looking to earn your volunteer hours, cheer your friends on, or share in the spirit of an amazing community-minded event, we want YOU to help out and be a part of making the 2019 Esquimalt 5K with 1K Kid's Run the best yet. Here's what we're looking for and how you can help:
|Saturday, April 6: 8:00am-11:30am||11 spots left!|
|Reception Table Support - issuing race numbers|
Friday, April 5th: 5:00-7:00pm
|Full - thank you!|
Refreshment Station Support
|Saturday, April 6: 8:00am-10:30am||3 spots left!|
Questions? Interested in volunteering?
Please email Shelann, Volunteer Coordinator.
You'll get the following for lending us a helping hand:
- I heart Esquimalt water Bottle
- Letter recognizing volunteer hours (for those requiring)
- Light refreshments at the event
Why volunteer? Here are a few great reasons:
- Support a Friend or a Family Member: Your friend/family member will appreciate some support. While you are at the race, cheer the whole crew on with a front-line view of the race as a route marshall.
- Get a feel for the event: not sure about participating in a running event, see what it's all about through the lens of a route marshall.
- Give back: Volunteering is the perfect chance to give back to the community. Your service is greatly appreciated by everyone involved, and you'll feel a sense of fulfillment after donating your time and effort towards this event.
To learn more about the event, please visit: esquimalt.ca/5k