Esquimalt’s committees serve an important role in advising and providing policy recommendations to Mayor and Council. Dedicated volunteers from the community serve on these committees along with appointed staff and Council members.
Esquimalt’s four Advisory Committees, one Commission and one Board include:
- Advisory Planning Commission
- Advisory Planning Commission Design Review Committee
- Board of Variance
- Environmental Advisory Committee
- Heritage Advisory Committee
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
Committee Terms of Reference, Minutes and Agendas can be located by clicking on the Committees noted above.
Information about the Victoria Family Court and Youth Justice Committee can be found at the following link:
www.victoriafamilycourt.ca or contact the Committee Secretary email@example.com for information.
The Township of Esquimalt is accepting applications from individuals interested in serving the community. Esquimalt Council will be considering applications for appointments to:
- Design Review Committee (1 vacancy for term expiring June 30, 2017 – must be resident of Esquimalt; preference will be given to applicants with knowledge or experience in heritage conservation, energy conservation, green building design and construction, or any other field relevant to urban design)
- Environmental Advisory Committee (1 vacancy for two year term from September 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018; and one vacancy for a Youth Representative for term from September 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017 – must be between the ages of 13 and 18, resident of Esquimalt or in full-time attendance at a school located within Esquimalt)
- Board of Variance (1 vacancy for the term expiring June 30, 2018)
Anyone interested in being considered for appointment is invited to submit an application form and a resumé listing professional and volunteer experience, interests, and current community affiliations to the Director of Corporate Services, at Municipal Hall, 1229 Esquimalt Road, Esquimalt, BC V9A 3P1 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon, Monday, July 4, 2016.
Applicants will be notified of interview date and time. Please contact the Director of Corporate Services at 250-414-7135 or by email at email@example.com for further information.