Job Title – Day Care Worker – Auxiliary
COMPETITION NUMBER: 21-11
[THIS IS A UNION POSITION]
This is an auxiliary position requiring the incumbent to work with the Community Recreation area of Parks and Recreation. Scheduled hours vary, Mon - Fri between 6:30-9:15am and 2:15-6:00pm in the Licensed Out of School Care Program for Grades K-5.
- Staff will be responsible for serving snack, supervising quiet activities, and leading afternoon activities which may include gym games, playground games, crafts, drama, science, cooking, swimming and skating.
- Staff will provide all required care and support including, but not limited to, behaviour management, parent communication, first aid and the administration of medication with parent approval.
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- 20 hours of coursework in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition. (examples: Food Safe, NLS, NCCP, Child Psychology)
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C Certification
- Clear criminal record check from the Ministry of Justice
$18.45 per hour/2021 rates (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
See attached job description or visit our website www.esquimalt.ca to view the Township’s corporate values and strategic plan.