Fitness Instructor-Yoga – AUXILIARY COMPETITION NUMBER 21-20
[THIS IS A UNION POSITION]
$37.24-$40.21 per hour (2021 Rates) per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits
This position requires you to:
- Plan, develop, implement and lead yoga classes.
- Accurately track and record the number of people attending class.
- Ensure participant’s safety while taking class
- Create/plan inclusive classes that are suitable to all levels of fitness.
- Provide excellent customer service, greet and assist patrons with facility program and fitness inquiries. All recommendations must stay within the Group Fitness Leader’s scope of practice.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with co-workers, customers and supervisor.
- Ensure that their certification is kept current. New or updated certificates are to be submitted to the Fitness Programmer.
- Perform related duties where qualified.
Formal Education, Training and Occupational Certification:
- High school graduation.
- Current 250 hour yoga certification
- Current CPR Level C (to be recertified every year)
- Possess and maintain positive criminal record check
- Up to 2 years of Yoga experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Visit our website www.esquimalt.ca to view the job description for this position as well as the Township’s corporate values and strategic plan.