Childminding – Auxiliary
COMPETITION NUMBER: 21-38
[THIS IS A UNION POSITION]
Anticipated Start Date: as soon as possible
This is an auxiliary position requiring the incumbent to work with the Community Recreation area of Parks and Recreation to fill a Childminding position. This position requires you to supervise infants and children 3 months to 6 years of age in a drop-in child-minding program. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality, good work ethic, ability to work on their own and have excellent customer service skills. Scheduled shifts vary between: Monday – Friday 8:50-10:30/11:45am, Wednesday evening 5:30-7:30pm
- Staff will be responsible for welcoming parents and their children, ensuring children are signed-in/out.
- Staff will supervise free play, crafts, and reading while parents use the recreation facility.
- Staff will provide all required care and support including, but not limited to, behaviour management, parent communication, and first aid.
- Experience working with infants/toddlers
- Education in Child & Youth Care, Education, Social Work
- Current First Aid Certification
- Clear Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector
$18.45-$19.96 per hour/2021 rates (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
See attached job description or visit our website www.esquimalt.ca to view the Township’s corporate values and strategic plan.