AQUATIC SUPERVISOR – Regular Full Time Competition number 21-30
(THIS IS A UNION POSITION)
Anticipated start date: September 6, 2021
This position requires you to:
- Assist the Aquatic Programmer in hiring, training, and scheduling aquatic staff at the Esquimalt Recreation Centre.
- Supervise and coach aquatic staff.
- Assist the Aquatic Programmer in the development of aquatic programs and special events. This includes the assessment of program needs, the development and supervision of program details, liaise with Parks and Recreation Department staff, customers and user groups, and the evaluation of programs and events.
- Assist in the preparation of program schedules for the swimming pool.
- Oversee the daily operation of the aquatic program to ensure all safety, risk management, emergency response / first aid, program, and facility standards are maintained
- Work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Diploma in Recreation or other related field
- National Lifeguard Certification
- Red Cross Swim Instructor Certification
- Standard First Aid Certification
- C.P.R. Level C.
- Waterfit Instructor (desired)
- LSI, WSIT and/or NL Instructor (desired)
Two years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
SALARY: $31.62 - $34.13 per hour (2021 rates) plus benefits.
Visit our website www.esquimalt.ca to view the job description for this position as well as the Township’s corporate values and strategic plan.
SCHEDULE: 35 hours/week. Varied schedule, including evenings and weekends.