Fitness Instructor-Yoga/ Pilates – Auxiliary
Competition No. 23-56
This is a union position
About our Community:
Located next to downtown Victoria, the Township of Esquimalt has a population of over 17,000 and is home to Canada’s Pacific Naval Fleet. The Township boasts extensive amenities including beautiful parks and beaches, scenic waterfront walkways as well as modern recreational facilities. Esquimalt strives to be a vibrant, distinct, and diverse community for people to discover and feel welcome.
About our Organization:
The Esquimalt Recreation Centre is a multi-purpose wellness and community recreation facility. Features of the Recreation Centre include: 4500 + square foot Wellness Centre, featuring state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment, gymnasium, aquatic centre with six-lane 25 metre lap pool, warm “lifestyle pool” and tot pool with spray features, wheelchair accessible hot-tub, steam room, and sauna. In addition, to recreation activities and programs, there are hundreds of year-round community programs to choose from.
About the Opportunity:
The Fitness Department is seeking a motivated individual to fill a Fitness Instructor - Yoga position. Reporting to the Fitness Programmer, the position is responsible for the following:
- Plan, develop, implement, and lead yoga or pilates classes.
- Accurately track and record the number of people attending class.
- Ensure participant’s safety while taking class
- Create/plan inclusive classes that are suitable to all levels of fitness.
- Provide excellent customer service, greet, and assist patrons with facility program and fitness inquiries. All recommendations must stay within the Group Fitness Leader’s scope of practice.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with co-workers, customers, and supervisor.
- Ensure that their certification is kept current. New or updated certificates are to be submitted to the Fitness Programmer.
- Perform related duties where qualified.
Our Preferred Candidate:
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications in formal training and occupational certification:
- High school graduation.
- Current 250-hour yoga certification
- Current Pilates Instructor certification
- Current First Aid with CPR Level C
- Possess and maintain positive criminal record check.
- Up to 2 years of Yoga experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to 1 year of Pilates experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Salary: $40.25-$43.44 per hour (2023 rates) per hour plus 14% in lieu of benefits