Out of School Care Leader – Auxiliary (Day Care Worker)
Competition number: 23-03
This is a union position
Anticipated start date: as soon as possible.
Do you want a rewarding career working in childcare or recreation? The Township of Esquimalt is seeking highly motivated individuals to work in our Licensed Before and After School Care programs. Our program leaders are responsible for supervising children in kindergarten to grade 5. Ideal candidates will have experience working in a childcare or a recreation type setting. Additional hours available during SD61 Pro D Days and Camps. This is an auxiliary position requiring the incumbent to work with the Community Recreation area of Parks and Recreation. Scheduled hours vary, Mon - Fri between 6:30-9:15am and 2:00-6:00pm.
$22.89/hour 2023 rates = ($20.08/hr + 14% in lieu of benefits)
Free Staff Pass to access the Esquimalt Recreation Centre weight room, pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, drop-in fitness classes, drop-in sports and drop-in skating/curling available at Archie Browning Sport Centre (Auxiliary Employees are required to work 1 shift/month to maintain their staff pass).
- Walking kids to/from Macaulay Elementary to/from Esquimalt Rec Centre
- Planning and leading a variety of games and activities (circle games, tag games, music activities, arts/crafts, sports and physical literacy games)
- Leaders will also take the kids swimming, skating and to local parks
- Ensure program rooms are kept clean and organized
- Staff will provide all required care and support including, but not limited to, behavior management, parent communication and first aid and adhering to VIHA Licensing requirements.
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C Certification
- Proof of 20 hours of training or coursework in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition. (Examples: Responsible Adult Certificate, NLS, NCCP, Child Psychology)
- Clear criminal record check from the Ministry of Justice
- 3 professional references