The Provincial Government has launched the second annual Premier’s Awards for Excellence in Education.
- recognize the enormous contributions of BC's exceptional teachers, administrators and support staff that are vital to the cultural, economic and social well-being of the province.
- recognize all outstanding education professionals who have made exceptional contributions to benefit their school, students, and their communities
- are open to all education professionals within the BC K-12 public, independent, band or international school systems. Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Community Engagement
- District Leadership
- Extracurricular Leadership
- Indigenous Education
- Outstanding New Teacher
- Outstanding Support (School Community)
- Outstanding Support (Teaching Assistant)
- School Leadership
- Social Equity and Diversity
- Technology and Innovation
Nominations are now open and are welcome from all BC citizens, including students, parents, teachers, administrators, trustees and community organizations. The deadline for nominations is March 31, 2019.
Winners receive a $3,000 personal bursary for professional learning, and a $2,000 contribution to their school community for professional learning.
For more information on the Awards, including nomination materials, please see the Premier's Awards for Excellence in Education website here.