We want to hear from you as we develop our 2023 budget.
There are several key dates and opportunities for residents to give feedback.
The budget includes operational funds as well as money for capital projects. These funds help maintain and improve services and infrastructure.
Important dates including meetings where council seeks public input
- January 23: Council meeting with presentation—policy review. Staff will be requesting feedback from council on policies & objectives for inclusion in Financial Plan Bylaw
- Presentation: understanding council priorites; (public input opportunity)
- February 6: Council meeting—core budget presentations by department heads to provide departmental objectives and achievements to council;
- early budget approvals. (public input opportunity)
- Police Board budget presentation
- March 14: Special council meeting—consideration of 2023–2027 requests to approve supplemental operating and capital requests subject to funding
- April 3: Council meeting—tax rate policy discussion; Director of Financial Services presents options for council to reach consensus on property tax rate policy/tax rates. (public input opportunity)
- April 24: Council meeting—three readings of financial plan and tax rate bylaws
- May 1: Council meeting—adoption of financial plan and tax rate bylaws.