Join us planting Douglas Fir trees and removing invasive species along the new gravel pathway that is adjacent to Gosper Cr. in Esquimalt Gorge Park. We will be working rain or shine.
If this is the first time you are volunteering with the Green Team, WELCOME, we're excited to meet you! Please fill in Volunteer Registration: http://bit.ly/2WdZeAT
Parking will be at the Sioux Parking lot (not the main lot as it is under construction). Please park here: https://bit.ly/35ONAo5
Meet in the grassy area by the dog field (see pinned map). Look for signs!!
COVID-19 protocols - please review carefully. We want to ensure the safety of everyone while enjoying the benefits of being together in nature!
We ask that you do not participate (and to un-RSVP) if:
1. You feel ill, including experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as a sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, loss of taste or smell
2. You or a member of your family have travelled internationally in the last 14 days
3. You have been exposed to someone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with or is suspected to have COVID-19
Safety protocols to be followed at the activity:
● Physical distancing etiquette (at least 6 feet apart from those not in your household)
● There will be a hand sanitizing station. Please sanitize your hands when you arrive & before you leave
● Please cough/sneeze into a tissue or into the bend of your arm
● Avoid touching your face
● We encourage you to wear a non-medical / cloth mask to help reduce the spread of this virus (we will have some on site)
● If you start to feel ill to inform staff and leave immediately
● Please bring your own gardening gloves, tools, safety glasses (we will provide clean ones to those who don't have their own).
● Those with children, will be asked to take extra care to ensure they maintain physical distancing
● Dogs must be on leash (or please don't bring your dog)
● Do not share items with those not in household
● There will be safety volunteer leaders at the event
● Anyone not practicing physical distancing or who are exhibiting known COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to leave.
● We encourage those who are in the high risk category to stay home if they feel it necessary
FLOW OF THE ACTIVITY
• Meet at 9:45am for sign-in, introductions (please be on time)
• If you can't find us, please call me at[masked]
• Remove invasive plants
• Volunteer until 11:30am then sign-out at end, take home an eco-gift from one of our sponsors!
REGISTER AS A GREEN TEAM VOLUNTEER AHEAD OF TIME ONLINE
• If you haven't yet, register online: http://bit.ly/2GEDEO9
Get your parent to sign the form if you are under 19
WHAT TO BRING:
• Rain jacket in case it rains.
• Refillable water bottle. Please bring water and snacks! We will have water bottles for those who forget their water, and packaged refreshments.
• A hat, sunscreen
• Your own gardening gloves, tools, safety glasses
• Mask (we encourage everyone to wear a mask so try and bring your own. We will have paper masks available and cloth masks for sale at sliding scale ($0 -$20))
• Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty
• Long sleeves and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Sturdy, comfortable closed toe shoes/boots. Gum boots work too especially if it's wet!!
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU:
• Gloves, tools, safety glasses if you don't have your own
• Packaged refreshments
• Instruction on what to do. You don't need to have experience to participate!
• An opportunity to meet people, have fun!