In Spring 2016 the Township conducted an age-friendly assessment to ensure older adults in the community are supported to live active, socially engaged, and independent lives. The assessment will provide age-friendly goals, objectives and policies for the review of Esquimalt’s Official Community Plan.
In total 328 people participated in the assessment which was funded by UBCM’s Seniors’ Housing & Support Initiative.
The assessment included:
- establishing an advisory group consisting of community partners;
- hosting a community workshop;
- conducting several focus groups; and
- collecting surveys from community members.
Reports for download:
- Final Report (PDF)
- Appendix A: Community Workshop Summary and Highlights (PDF)
- Appendix B: Community Survey Questions (PDF)
- Appendix C: Community Survey Results - All Ages (PDF)
- Appendix D: Community Survey Results - Ages 55+ with Gender Comparison (PDF)
- Appendix E: Community Survey Results - Consolidated Comments for All Ages (PDF)
- Appendix F: Focus Group Consolidated Notes (PDF)